Posted on 9/09/2009

Mexican Fiesta Menu

Right now the old adage could not be more true, when it rains it pours! In my last post I mentioned my inclusion in ARTnews magazine, since then I also had a writeup in my hometown newspaper The Flint Journal and was interviewed on Eastside Radio about my blog and photography. With all of these wonderful things happening at once I felt like celebrating and so this menu for a Mexican Fiesta seemed apt. I would like to thank everyone who reads this blog for all of their encouragement - creating this space has been a wonderful addition to my life.

......................................

I would like to once again highlight the Arts Monday show on Eastside Radio 89.7FM co-hosted by Laura and Nick. It was an absolute pleasure to be part of the show and I would like to encourage anyone who is remotely interested in art to listen every Monday from 9:30-11:30AM.

mexican fiesta menu



18 Responses to Mexican Fiesta Menu

  1. Mike
    September 9, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    I'm a recent reader, and first time commenter. I just wanted to say that I'm glad to see you're getting so much recognition. What an inspired blog.
  2. Anh
    September 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    You are doing well! That’s the best news.

    I would love to cook more Mexican food. They seem to be so yummy and has that spicy quality that I love.!
  3. the southern hostess
    September 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    How cool! Congrats! I can't get over that watermelon margarita. Yum!
  4. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella
    September 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    Great stuff! Aww what a shame Eastside don't have a podcast as I'd love to have a listen of it. I had the same situation when I was on there and I tped it but it was hard and so technical to put up so I didn't :(
  5. Tres Jolie Studios
    September 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    Thank you so so much everyone!! Mike, so glad you left a comment, you have a fantastic blog!

    @Lorraine, it is a shame they don't podcast the shows. I think Laura and Nick are going to try to get their 2 hour segment online. I recorded my interview with my computer and once I converted it to a .mov file I uploaded it to Flickr. Pretty easy that way but a bit tedious.
  6. Tres Jolie Studios
    September 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    And I just noticed the post date is 9.9.09. How exciting!
  7. shaz
    September 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    Congratulations again Megan - so very excited for you! Your blog always inspires me with all the beautiful photography and the well-thought out dishes (I read the ARTNews article - love how you connect the artist and food).
  8. Anonymous
    September 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    Congrats on your recognition daaaahling, you deserve it. Your take on art/food is truly unique and I always enjoy seeing what u come up with.
  9. Rosa's Yummy Yums
    September 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    Fantastic! I love Mexican food!

    Cheers,

    Rosa
  10. Anshika
    September 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM
    Awesome meal. If I could have whole of this that would make a complete meal fro me. A feast probably.
  11. Hungry Dog
    September 10, 2009 at 3:54 AM
    Congratulations on your much-deserved publicity! Your mexican fiesta looks awesome, those watermelon margaritas look frosty and beautiful.
  12. Siri
    September 10, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    Congrats three times over!

    It was only going to be a few months of you blogging before people would recognize quality when they saw it.

    As for the fiesta, yes please- just hold the tequila for now.
  13. Hannah
    September 10, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    Congratulations! It's so awesome to see you getting the attention that your work deserves. This looks like one killer menu here, too. :)
  14. Lauren
    September 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    Wow! Congrats - thats all so amazing =D.

    PS - I've got something for you at my blog!
  15. flintstone
    September 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    I will be in Torreon, Mexico next week for work. The food is always interesting just like your blog!
  16. dessert girl
    September 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    Congrats! A Mexican fiesta sounds wonderful right now! I don't know if you've seen this, but here's a little taste of home. :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p7G4hpvUn4
  17. Chou
    September 14, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    What wonderful news! Congratulations.
  18. Forager
    September 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM
    Congratulations! I've always liked how unique your blog is! And it's always excellent to be rewarded for doing something you are passionate about!